Food habits and lifestyle play a important role worth considering. For example, Chinese populations that live in China in accordance with their traditional lifestyles, develop fewer cases of prostate cancer while they present a rate 20 times higher for this disease when they live in United States. The common denominator in this example being lifestyle and food habits dictated by the country.
However, despite numerous evidence, there is still no scientific data that highlights that a change in nutrition or lifestyle prevents or allows us to better treat prostate cancer, but numerous scientific studies are in process of demonstating this.
Obesity increases the risk of dying from prostate cancer. Prostate cancers in obese men are more aggressive and recurrence are more frequent after prostatectomy.
A correlation between an excessively caloric diet, in particular with significant consumption of red meats, and the incidence of evolved prostatic cancers was demonstrated.
For fats, it is necessary to privilege the consumption of food rich in Oméga-3 fatty acids, in particular fatty fishes: salmon, wild trout , mackerel, herring, sardines and tuna.
Vitamin E and Selenium have not demonstrated preventive virtues of prostate cancer, while polyvitaminic diets increase the risk of developing an aggressive prostate cancer and must be considered with many precautions.
Food rich in anti-oxidizing substances are strongly recommended:
- Lycopene as found in tomatoes (preference for tomato sauce than tomato fruit);
- Brocolis, cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprout;
- Green Tea.
Pour To protect the heart, it is recommended to adapt the following lifestyle:
- Lose weight,
- Walk at least 30 minutes every day,
- Practise aerobics and improve endurance,
- Go up stairs,
- Adapt diet:
- Consume fatty fishes rich in fatty acids Omega-3,
- Avoid eating too much roasted meats and eat red meat in moderation,
- Consume chicken wings, Tofu,
- Eat fruits and vegetables every day,
- Avoid sugars of fast absorption and privilege sugars of slow absorption,
- Consume some tomato sauce or juice twice a week.